Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Well, I guess I got a few things wrong.

OK, so it took me a while to understand why these things 'didn't work' on my car. First off, the cruise does work, it's just a two-step process instead of a more typical one-step process. On almost any other car I've ever driven you simply have to push the button on the lever that sticks out from the steering column and take your foot of the gas and cruise control takes over. And usually a light that says 'CRUISE' comes on to let you know that your car's cruise control is on. But not on my Lexus....

No, to engage cruise control on it, it requires more that just pushing the button as usual. Well, when you push the button for the cruise control in this car, the 'CRUISE' light still comes on as usual. But when I took my foot off the gas, the car started coasting and slowing down. I was scared. In my mind I was like 'What the fuck, I just bought this car and the cruise control doesn't even work???' But, after reading the owner's manual, to my surprise, there is another step involved after pushing the button. Apparently, to actually set the speed at which you want to cruise, you have to pull down on the lever that the cruise control button is on. Sorry, but I found this to be a very very odd setup. But I guess it's better than thinking it just flat out doesn't work at all....

Also, I was complaining about my remote's trunk release button not working. Well, I was wrong about that also. As it turns out, you have to hold down the trunk release button for like 3-5 seconds before it actually releases. Once again, I've never seen a trunk release button on an RKE take that long. Usually it's almost instantaneous. Or at least only takes half the time this one does.

Now, there's still an issue with my stereo that I'm personally not certain about. The stereo's CD loading seems to work OK again, but I was having a lot of issues with it loading and ejecting discs before. I tested it out again tonight because I feel like it and it loaded and ejected most of the discs OK. Well, I guess I'll just chill on that again until something happens. I'm thinking about buying some components for the stereo to upgrade it a little bit. Oh well, that's for in the future when I have more free time or feel like spending the money on the entertainment value of my car over the performance value.

Oh well, everything else I listed in my last post is still messed up. And I'm out for the night. Later, people.

No comments: